As shown in the picture, the well covered with a tile roof is found very close to the entrance of the donjon. This old well was drilled when Tokugawa Hidetada, the second shogun, rebuilt Osaka Castle, and is on the list of important cultural assets. Very long name though, 'Kinmeisui' means miraculous water, 'Ido' a well and 'Yakata' an arbor. Clear water is still gushing out from the bottom of this old well, the depth of which is some 33 meters above the surface of the water. In this connection, a helmet of the feudal years 200-300 years ago and military pistol in the 19th century were pulled up from the bottom as the result of the investigation in 1959.
Licensed tour guide, travel consultant,