Just three years after the end of the Second World War, in 1948, the American Lutheran Church dispatched 36 missionaries to Japan. This missionary work formed the foundation of the Japan Lutheran Church, which consists of 34 churches throughout the country. The Japan Lutheran Church bought this building in Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, from the United Church of Christ in Japan in 1950, and renamed it the Tokyo Lutheran Center Church the next year. This building, built in 1937, originally was Japan Seminary, and is designated by Tokyo Metropolitan Government as a historic building.
Licensed tour guide, travel consultant,