The five-storied old building in front of Marunouchi North Exit of Jr Tokyo Station was built in 1920. The Industry Club of Japan, the association to promote mutual friendship of powerful manufacturers of Japan at that time, built this building as their headquarters as well as guest house. Right after the completion, unfortunately, it was seriously damaged by the Great Kanto Earthquake in 1923, but was repaired soon after and had long been used as the most important hub of the bodies of manufacturers of Japan. It was decided to be rebuilt due to deterioration in 1997, but many people opposed this plan. So that, one-third of the old building was left intact and two-third was faithfully restored. The 30-storied modern building was newly built wrapping the original one as just it was. The original one is designated as an important cultural asset.
Licensed tour guide, travel consultant,