The structure of 'Miraiza Osaka-jo' originally was the Forth Division headquarters of Japanese army.

Miraiza Osaka-jo is a commercial complex consisting of a variety of restaurants, bars, shops and amusement facilities. This elegant building was built in 1931, as the Fourth Division headquarters of the Imperial Japanese Army through the donations from Osaka locals. Together with the reconstruction work of the castle tower of Osaka Castle in the main enclosure, original tower of which was reduced to ashes in 1665, this was built in the same enclosure as the tower. Having been used as Osaka police headquarters after the Second World War, this building was put to practical use as Osaka City Museum from 1960 through 2001. In present day, thereafter, this is converted into Miraiza Osaka-jo commercial complex in order to improve the convenience of the visitors to Osaka Castle.


Licensed tour guide, travel consultant,

Masahisa Takaki

通訳案内士 高木聖久


1 view

Blog Archives

Tour Guide
Masahisa 
Takaki

Fully Licensed by Japanese Goverment;

Registration Number:EN3510

 

Read More

 

© Masahisa Takaki. All rights reserved.