This train station was opened in 1933, and was abolished in 2004. Being constructed between Nippori Station and Ueno Station of Keisei Electric Railway Inc., it was used as the closest station to Tokyo National Museum as well as Ueno Zoo.
As it was not allowed to run on the ground of Ueno Park, the platforms were built underground. In addition, this real estate was the Imperial property, so the then Emperor ordered not to construct the building with no dignity. Thus Keisei Electric Railway Inc. , despite a private sector, committed the design of the station building to the then Ministry of National Railways. The picture shows the former station building, which was renovated under the direction of the joint venture between Keisei Electric Railway Inc. and Tokyo University of the Arts.
Licensed tour guide, travel consultant,